Friday, December 4, 2009

Catch-up

Crazy, the last time I managed to post something was just after Kennedy’s birthday and a camping trip to a spider infested campground. I keep thinking I will be better, but it hasn’t been happening.

Summer was kind of crazy for us. I spent nearly ever day driving to and from Mountain View High School taking Ryan to summer workouts for football. It made for some interesting days. He enjoyed it and worked hard, so it was worth it. Now if I can just get him through driver’s ed before next season, it will make my life so much easier.

We only had a two week break between summer football workouts and Carter going back to school. Still can’t believe my baby is in first grade. Wow. I spent a week at my parents with my kids in Teton Valley and then we packed up again and headed for the Oregon Coast for another week. That was our summer in a nutshell. Go, go, go.

I guess that’s enough for now, here’s some pictures from those exciting adventures …

DSCN2043

We hiked up to the Wind Cave with Ann-Marie and her kids when we were at my parents. It was probably a total of three miles, but you end up pretty far in the mountains. Very beautiful except for the fact that it rained, hailed and thundered and lightening on us on the way down. Here are Avery, Kennedy, Connor and Carter. Ryan was probably headed up the hill already.

DSCN2041

Connor, Carter and Addie after our lunch break.

DSCN2039

Avery and Kennedy under the ledge. Pretty cool place.

DSCN2058

Ryan helping Carter come out of the mouth of the cave. Yep, that’s running water. Very windy, cold and pitch black inside. We went pretty far back, had to climb on our hands and knees a bit.

_MG_1625

On to the Oregon Coast. We stayed in Newport. This is a Yaquina Head light house, you can climb clear up to the top.

_MG_1639

Just a cute picture of the munchkin as we were headed through the lighthouse.

IMG_0064

Ryan and Kennedy at the touch pool when we went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Lots of fun, spent most of the day there.

IMG_0161

Ryan and I with sharks swimming around us in the glass shark tunnels.

IMG_0169

Couldn’t leave without the token picture in the shark mouth.

IMG_0316

Here’s the house we rented for the week. About a two minute walk from the beach. Kennedy and I got up about 6:30 every morning to catch low tide. She caught tons of crabs and all the kids spent a lot of time in the water, which was freezing. I’ll have to post pics later, I’m wiped and it’s after midnight here.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Great update! Love your new header.

Steve said...

Oops, that's Amanda Bishop. ^^^Didn't realize he was still signed in.