Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Almost 300

So after my run at the gym this morning I checked my Nike running app ... I'm about 3.6 miles away from hitting the 300 mile mark since I started running in March. I guess I can say that I'm a runner now, not something I ever though I'd say about myself. I hit 16.something miles last week. I'm trying to convince myself that I can train for a half marathon and run one in May. We'll see if I manage to delude myself enough into trying it.

I started running after I dropped a bunch of weight, but still needed to lose more. I'm happy to say that as of the last time I stepped on the scale I weigh half of what I did in May of 2012. I'm pretty psyched about that. It's been a long road, but it's been good for me and my family. We are all eating a lot healthier and exercising more. I need to get Carter on the exercise bandwagon a bit more, but we're working on it slowly.

I have to say, I love my DVR for my Dish Network. The Australian Open started last week and I've been able to record and watch all of the tennis that I want and not have to stay up all night to do it. As a result, I've parked my behind on my bed in the afternoons and watched tennis and knitted to my heart's content. I've managed to finish a few baby blankets, three slouch hats and am working on a shawl.


No comments: