Monday, April 7, 2014

I'm doing a running challenge with a bunch of other people. The creator called it First Fatty to Fifty ... nice huh. It started last Monday and it's been kicking my behind. I hadn't run for 3 weeks before it started. I tend to not run at all while Carter is off for his three week breaks in November and March and then start again. You wouldn't think that I'd lose that much stamina and speed in three weeks, but it's been killing me.

So, that's where I am now. I've been trying to go between 3 and 5 miles a day. I've been crazy sore though, so I've been trying to stretch out really well after I run and use a foam roller on my legs and hips. Just disappointed that it's going to take me awhile to get back in my stride.
 
The kids ended up doing great on his scout campout. It ended up getting down to about 20 degrees, so they all froze. He was the first kid up and cooked some eggs and was like, "let's go home now." He was the first one packed up and ready to go. He's not one for enjoying the outdoors when he's camping. He wants to go, but then he wants to take the iPad and hang out in the tent and watch movies most of the night and morning and come out when it warms up to hang out by the fire.
 
He also has been doing great with his contacts when I can get him to wear them. He was so excited about them, but now that he knows that it takes a little bit of work to put them in he'd rather wear his glasses. He can be such a stink, but we love him tons. We've also decided to cut out all the soda and candy that he's been consuming lately. He could really stand to get in a little better shape. So, we aren't buying anymore crap for the house and we are doing an "After School Fun Walk" every day after school. About a mile or so. I figure it's good for all of us.
 
The boy made it back to the U of I and is back in the swing of things. I think he's got about 6 more weeks of school left. He's got his Business Law midterm this week. I hope he's been studying because it's one of three grades for the semester. he got an A on the first one, hopefully he'll do as well on this next one. I still don't think he's enjoying school as much as he could. I wish he'd get out more and meet some more kids and do a bit more outside, but when you sit in your dorm room on your computer that's not going to happen. Hopefully he'll figure it out sooner or later.
 
The girl has got lacrosse going full steam now. They had a game on Friday and beat Bishop Kelly 12-3. She did really well. They are really playing defense well and are getting better all the time. She's got three games this week. At Eagle tonight, tomorrow at home and Wednesday at Centennial. Let's go Mavericks!! She's also got Prom this weekend. I'm excited for her to go. I got the flowers ordered today and got her an appointment to a spray tan on Thursday with a lady in our ward. So glad she could do it on short notice for us. The boy she's going with is a nice guy from her seminary class. He's come over a few times and I think that they will have a good time with the group that they are going with.
 
My parents came for the weekend. They got to watch Kennedy's lax game on Friday and on Saturday we watched General Conference and went on a tour of the Old Idaho Penitentiary. We met my sister-in-law Rachel there with her kids Mason and Addy and her parents and a brother and his family. It was actually pretty cool. I've been here over twenty years and had never gone. My parents were telling us that when they were seniors they came from eastern Idaho and went on a tour, so it would have been 1968 or 69 and that there were still prisoners there. They actually walked them through one of the cell blocks that had prisoners in it. I think it scared them pretty good. My phone was about dead so I didn't take any pictures. We'll have to go back and take some.

No comments: