Monday, April 14, 2008

Snow, soccer and glasses

We've been pretty busy over the last month or so. I decided to take my kids up to my in-laws place in McCall for the last part of our Spring Break. I got caught in a white out snow storm for the last 15 miles of the trip. It really sucked. Chris met us up there on Friday and we stayed til Sunday morning.

IMG_6304

IMG_6325

There was snow pushed up all over the place. It probably won't be gone til after Memorial Day when we usually can go swim in the outdoor pools and Payette Lake.

We also started spring soccer the last week in March. I've got kids practicing four nights a week and games on Saturdays. The kids have a great time, so I don't mind it so much. It's Carter's first year playing, but Kennedy's been playing awhile.

IMG_6328 IMG_6371

And finally, I took Carter to the eye doctor a few weeks ago. We have vision coverage and I thought I would just get him checked out before he starts kindergarten this fall. Imagine my surprise when the eye doctor says the kid is not just far-sighted, but majorly far-sighted. No wonder he hates doing paper work at pre-school. He can't see anything up close. But, that totally doesn't explain why he feels the need to stand 2 feet from the TV while playing Guitar Hero (which I now have to admit he can play some songs on medium).

IMG_6354

He's pretty cute in them. This picture has a glare on it a bit. He loves wearing them. So, I think as long as nobody says anything mean to him about them we won't have any problems.

9 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Carter looks adorable in his glasses! I've got three kids in glasses and I guess you do now too. What a pain in the neck they can be. But some kids look so cute in them. Sounds like you are super busy. Take care!

Morgan said...

The snow Mikki, well that just sucks. We had 80* weather here on Sat and Sun. I am loving it. I am so sorry that there is that much snow, it makes me depressed for you guys. But I guess that you are used to it after living in Idaho your whole life!

Trenton & Maren said...

Love the glasses. I just can't believe Carter is that big. All your kids in soccer. Wow, you're brave!

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

Cute, cute ,cute

Rozalyn said...

I know the Lowder's, they used to be in out ward too. They only live about a half a mile if that away from us.

Jennifer P. said...

Mikki,
Thanks for stopping in! About 95% of the people I blog with are strangers-turned-friends--but it's nice to read about people I know in real life :)!

I noticed Carter's glasses yesterday. I think he looks so sweet in them. I love little boys in glasses! Thank you so much for the sweet comments. It's not very fun having to be so strong, but it's necessary--and I'm always good about doing what's necessary!

Thanks again--and I'm sure i'll be back to check you out again soon :).

Jennifer P. said...

Hey Mikki!--
Zane would love to have more readers for his blog. All you have to do is send me your email address (which I SHOULD have since I get all the RS newsletters from you, but which I don't for some reason!). Then we'll send you an invitation, you accept, and then can log into his blog with the same google account name and password that you use to get into your own account. Thanks for asking :)!

ManicMandee said...

Wow your blog looks great! Now give us some more posts so I don't visit your site with disappointment each day.

Kim Allen said...

I found you!! Now I can blog-stalk you now! Cute page.