Thursday, May 1, 2008

what's been happening?!?

OK, so I know I've been bad, as I've been told, about the whole blogging thing. I updated the layout a few days ago and then didn't do a new post (and yes, I know it's an old family picture, about 2.5 years ago when Kennedy was baptized). What can I tell you, I've been busy. With what, you may ask? I have been perfecting my skills as a blog-stalker. What is that you may ask? I am sure you can figure it out. Amanda, you know exactly what that is. I had to explain it to my sister, Jenny. So, the other day, I pulled out my ward list and just started plugging in names on Google with the word blog. I scored with one name (Kim, you and Todd are so cute). So, from there I moved on to my old high school yearbooks. Go Teton Redskins (I'm sure that is completely non PC anymore). I found the Nead family (Kaleb you need to tell Kelly to update more often). I then noticed on Serena's blog (what a cute prego belly) that someone named Jessica posted a message about knowing Matt in high school (again go Redskins). So what do I do then, I click on her name, find her blog, realize she still lives in Teton Valley (where I grew up) and start clicking on her links. I found a few people that I recognized. But, really, come on Teton Valley, Idaho, start blogging. Those of us that have moved away, would really like to know what's happening in the wonderful place. So, in reality, while I am now a stalker of people I knew years ago, Jenny was very impressed with me, she didn't realize that there were so many people she knew that had blogs.

We've been crazy with soccer and Young Men's still. Only a few more weeks of soccer for Kennedy and Carter, but YM's will still go on forever (and the scout stuff that goes along with it). I have also solidified my place as the meanest mom on earth because I made Chris take Carter's training wheels off his bike and made him learn to ride it on Saturday. Chris gave in after about five minutes and let him quick, but I marched him right back out to the street and made him try a few more times. (Although Chris has been home from Iraq since November 2005, he is still FUN DAD, and I am still MEAN MOM). So here's a few pictures from the last few soccer games and the bike-riding.

 IMG_6741  IMG_6897IMG_6904

Ryan has news as well. He was asked to be the Deacon's Quorum president in our ward. He is really excited, but a little nervous. I think he'll be great. He is just a really good kid, with a good heart. So, congrats Ryan.

IMG_4752

This is Ryan on the ground with Kennedy, Carter and his cousin Sydney of his back during a birthday party for their great-grandmother Ruth, who turned 90 on April 11th.

Not much new stuff with me, I was just released from my calling at church. I had been the Relief Society secretary for the last 26 months for Franklin Ward here in Boise. I had served with 2 presidents and 4 different counselors. Who knows what's in store for me, but I am excited to maybe have just a few weeks to myself before being called to something else.

Chris and I have also been doing a few home improvement projects in order to get the house on the market. We'll see how that goes. We aren't leaving Boise, just need more room for our growing family. We aren't growing in numbers, just in age and seem to all need our own space.

The kids have their piano recital tonight. Maybe we'll get some video up, but who knows if I can figure that out or not. I'll probably get some pictures posted later. Thanks Aunt Rosalie. You've been teaching my kids piano for the last five years. And we are excited because Grandma Green (my mom's mom) will be here for the recital.

Chris has been traveling a bit lately. He spent about 10 days in London and Kassel, Germany in April. He's got a blog that he posted all the pictures on. I might try to steal some to post here. His blog is private, maybe if you all bother him enough he'll unlock it for the world to see (although maybe he's just embarrassed by us, JK).

2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

What a delight! I love that you are admittedly a blog stalker. Me too. Your blog is great. Keep it up. I love stalking you.

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

You make me sound like an idiot when it comes to blogging. I'm just not quite devious enough to figure out how to stalk people through their blogs. JK Cute pictures and that is really exciting about Ryan. We are really proud of him.