Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Jones and I wish I was crafty

Who doesn't love Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones?!? Who just plain doesn't love Harrison Ford?? It's a running joke at our house that the only man I would ever leave my husband for is Harrison Ford (who cares about the 30 year age difference). We pulled the bad parent routine last night at took our kids to the 8:45 PM showing of the new Indiana Jones movie. ALL of our kids, including Carter (that's our 5-year-old). Can I just say that we all loved the movie, but here's a warning, if you expect everything to be completely believable, you will be disappointed. It was a typical Indie movie, lots of action, crazy stunts and bad guys. Kennedy hid her head through parts and Carter succumbed to sleep about half way though (once the candy was gone anyway). Definitely a buyer in our opinion.

IMG_7204

Kennedy came home from Activity Day's at Jennifer P's house with this cute flower pot that they had modgepodged paper onto and planted sunflower seeds in. We are all pretty sad that Jennifer was released at Kennedy's primary teacher and activity day leader. But, on to bigger and better things she goes, if you can call teaching the 12-13 year olds Sunday School class bigger and better. Good luck with that. Should I admit that my biggest fear is being called to teach Sunday School for any age group?? That could be because I didn't go to my own Sunday School class when I was young, or pay much attention in Seminary. Wish I could change that now when my kids ask questions I don't know the answer to.

Back to the crafty stuff. I wish I could come up with crafty things for my kids to do. My sister Jenny scrapbooks, she does some pretty cool stuff with it. I just can't seem to come up with the ideas. And, I just can't seem to come up with the time (yet I can sit here and blog for an hour). Anyhow, as I am complaining about not being crafty and having time to be crafty, this is what Carter is doing ...

IMG_7209 WATCHING THE BACKYARDIGANS AND OTHER CARTOONS!!! It's 10:30 am and he's still in his pajamas (he did get breakfast though). And so am I. I threw on a jacket to take Kennedy to school this morning.

Well, I'm off to pack for a short little trip out of the big city of Boise. Off to the cold and rainy town of McCall. Maybe I'll post some landscape pictures this time instead of just the kids swimming.

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

I think I'm going to call CPS on you---keeping your children out till all hours of the night watching action movies :)!--ha! ha!

Thanks for the kind remarks. I think Kenedy put the most effort into her pot. Turned out cute! I'm excited to teach the 12-13 year olds too. Never thought I could be, it's usually a scary age--but I love all the kids in the class.

Enjoy your weekend in Mc Call. Has the snow all melted yet? I'm trying to decide if it's safe to venture up to our cabin there yet! I hate getting up the drive in the snow. Bluck!

Best to you :)!

ManicMandee said...

You guys get to take way too many weekend trips. Lucky! Hope you have a great time. Enjoyed your post. Thanks.

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

shame on you for keeping your kids up late. I had a hard time with that movie, probably because my kids were with me in the car at the drive in. I need to see it again in the theatre to fully appreciate it.