Monday, May 5, 2008

soccer, sometimes it never ends

We had three games this weekend. Kennedy played a double-header, which is frustrating because they only have seven girls on their team and are supposed to be playing 8 on 8. We always have to borrow players from the other teams. My biggest gripe, this is a recreation league, not competitive, and they can't give us enough girls for a full team (we have been playing against teams with 10-16 girls on their teams). So, I'm not real happy with Idaho Rush right now (there I mentioned their names, maybe they will see this and get it in gear). We are definitely switching soccer leagues next year. How it works here is that there are a lot of soccer groups that run programs at all levels. Within each soccer group, there is Rec, Select, and Premiere. So, basically you decide with group you want to play with depending on where you live and then you have to decide which level to have your kids play in. Kennedy hasn't been into the competitiveness of the whole thing until now, so in the fall she'll try out for a harder team. Carter is playing 3 on 3, with no goalies, so it's a free-for-all, which is just fine for him. He just wants to kick the ball. Anyway, here's some pictures from this weekend.

collage3

2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

It's great you even put your kids in sports. I am too lazy for that. I like the way the photos were posted. Cool stuff.

Morgan said...

I reme.ber those days, just reme.ber to stick it out, soccer paid for my college degree. (oh I guess it paid for a piece of paper that I am not using!!!)