Wednesday, May 28, 2008

what was I thinking

So yes, I promised some pictures from our Memorial weekend in McCall, but I messed up. When I posted the day we left, I had put the card from the camera in the computer to download the picture of Kennedy's pot that she made. Guess what I forgot to do?? Take the card out of the computer and put it back in the camera. We were down at the lake and Chris went to the Expedition to get the camera and lo and behold, no card in the camera. He did have a smaller card in the bag, but it doesn't hold many pictures, so there aren't alot. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy with me.

The weather wasn't too bad. It rained off and on, but not for long periods of time. My in-laws belong to a church that runs a camp in McCall called Pilgrim's Cove. They were up there with us, and it was the weekend that they do clean-up from the winter, so we went down there for awhile so the kids and Nick the pug could run around.

IMG_7210

Here is a picture of the main lodge at the camp. There are a bunch of smaller cabins around and since it is by the lake, there is a boathouse. The other cabins, not so nice. If you've ever been to the girl's camp up Darby Canyon you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm assuming they are still filled with spring beds and stuff, since I haven't been up there since I was probably 14 or 15.

Here are just a few pictures from the banks of Payette Lake in McCall. IMG_7214

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7218

And a few of Carter riding his scooter and throwing a Frisbee one of the times it wasn't raining.

IMG_7230

IMG_7223

And this is a picture of Chris. When we leave town, he always lets his facial hair grow. He's in the National Guard, so he is usually clean shaven all the time. I think it's his way of rebelling against the man.

IMG_7240

And just to share, Carter's last day of preschool was today. He is convinced that he will be starting Kindergarten any day now. The concept of a summer vacation has completely gone over his head. It's so cute :)

No comments: