Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

We decided at the last minute on Friday to go to McCall for a couple of nights. My in-laws have a place near the public golf course, there is a fitness club in the area with an indoor pool and hot tub. During the summer there are outdoor pools and tennis courts to play on. I had decided that I needed to get out of Dodge for a couple of days, so this was the solution. I packed the clothes and food Friday afternoon and as soon as Chris got home from work we were on our way (into major traffic because of all the road work going on, which completely reinforced my need to escape). The kids, of course had a great time, they went swimming twice and we got to hang out and watch the three Indiana Jones movies, which is great preparation for the new one coming out. What kind of parents are we? Our kids had never seen Indiana Jones before this weekend. Sunday morning after breakfast we loaded up, cleaned a bit and headed home for church, which starts at 3 PM right now. We also had dinner with Chris' mom, dad and grandma after church. Happy Mother's Day everyone.

IMG_7088

We play cards. Go Fish is a favorite!!

 IMG_7093IMG_7119

We go swimming and for walks!!

IMG_7094

We go swimming again!! 

IMG_7129

And Carter builds forts in the living room!!

IMG_7137 IMG_7091

And we have a dog that we take along on all our mini-vacations. I don't think that I've every posted a picture of Nick the pug. We've had him for almost 7 years. We joke that we are just waiting for him to die, but we'd all be pretty upset if something happened to him (at least we think we would :)).

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

That's funny, I've been to your house several times and never seen your dog until this photo.
Glad you had a good weekend!

Morgan said...

That looks like so much fun, my kids are dying to go swimming. Roz's in-laws have a house in St. george, so we go and swim there, whe whe visits!!! Carter looks so much bigger, and I just saw him a year ago. He is going up so fast!

Jennifer P. said...

So funny that they live in the Aspens! That's where we have a timeshare every November (and I made sure that I get to keep that!).

I had no idea you had a pug. Kennedy has never said anything about him! He's cute! My sister has FOUR pugs--all different colors--and they are affectionate, but boy! do they ever shed!

Thanks for teaching my class on Sunday. I'm sure Kennedy loved that! They are all such good girls!