Monday, May 26, 2014

We did a family minus Ryan hike today. It pretty much always goes like this ... K, do you want to go for a hike with me. Sure mom!! C, do you want to go for a hike. No and you can't make me. Yes, I can and if you don't whine, we'll go to Red Robin and you can get a drink. No. Well, guess what, you're still going and now you don't get to eat or get a soda. He ends up going and if he doesn't whine too bad we take him for some Cheesy Mac N' Cheesy at RR after and let him get a soda since we don't have it in the house anymore. Poor Chris, no more DC at home.
 
So we decided to head up 8th Street and do the Upper Hulls Gulch trail. I packed my bear spray just in case. Not in case of a bear, but in case of wolves. I guess a wolf killed a sheep dog somewhere near Upper Hulls Gulch so I figured I'd be prepared. We didn't see any sign of sheep, so I'm assuming that they are up there in a different area. Anyhow, the hike is a bit over 8 miles. It's actually not too bad, most of it is pretty flat. There is only about a mile and a half loop that you actually have to climb up and then go back down. I was the only one that almost hit the ground. Caught my foot on a rock and hit one knee before I caught myself. I think I did something to my hip though, I was pretty sore this afternoon. But, that might be because K and I decided to trail run the last 2.3 miles back to the trailhead and leave Chris and C to make their way back walking. There are some pretty neat rock formations on this hike, so it's one that we enjoy.
 




 
Oh, an C's reschedule IEP meeting is tomorrow afternoon .... so excited.
 

No comments: