Wednesday, August 27, 2014

After coming back home from the Green reunion we were actually able to stay home for a week before we had to head out on the road again. I took Kennedy and Carter to the Snake River Stampede. Kennedy and I try to go every year and this year Chris was on a business trip so Carter got to go with us. He definitely wasn't excited at all, but I think that he ended up enjoying it a bit. We keep teasing him that we are going to sign him up for the mutton busting, which is where little kids get in protective gear and ride sheep for as long as they can. He gets so mad, but if he would think about it he would know that he's way to big and they wouldn't let him on a sheep. Maybe we'll sign him up to ride steers. I'm sure he'd be all for that. Not!!
Love these kids of mine!!
The Sunday after the rodeo we hit the road to head back to Teton Valley. This time I was taking Kennedy and her friend Megan to Badger Creek for Adventure For Youth through our church. They got to go white water rafting over in Jackson Hole, ride horses and do a lot of other adventure type activities and also learn more about the gospel and help their testimonies. It also meant that Carter and I got to spend another week with my parents on their farm. Love it. Fun, fun, fun!!
 I went on an 11 miles hike with my sister and some of her friends. It was on the Mill Creek Trail. You start in Teton Canyon and end up by the lifts at Targhee Ski Resort. It was super pretty and a little hard. I had a few blisters at the end. Beautiful views though.


Teton Peaks covered in clouds. 
 Lunch with Addy at Basin Burger. That girl loves her drinks.
 Carter and Brandon at lunch
 Fishing with Uncle Dave
 Uncle Dave is one of the boy's favorites. He does to well with him and is very patient and tolerant. Love my brother!!
 Cute boy at the Emporium getting a shake. We probably went about 6 or 7 times in the two weeks we were there. Either the Emporium or Corner Drug in Driggs. Yum, yum fresh lime drinks.
 Kennedy and Megan and the view from the mountain behind my parents house.
 And of course they had to carve their names in trees. It's a rite of passage.
 
 

No comments: