Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Well we've survived the first few days of school ... 2nd year of college, senior year of high school and first year of middle school. Yay!! My goal was just to have Carter come home happy and having good days. So far so good!! He did forget everything he was supposed to bring home, but baby steps, right?? Baby steps. I'll have to post photos later.
 
After our fun weekend in Bear Lake with my parents and family Chris and I split up to head different directions for the next week. He came home to head off on a business trip and I took Kennedy and Carter to my parents house so that we could attend our Green reunion. My grandma turned 98 on the 5th of July. She is amazing. Still lives alone. We've decided that she'll probably outlive us all. Love her to death!! Notice Ryan wasn't mentioned. He didn't get to either event. He got a job stocking shelves at Walmart overnight. He couldn't pass that up since we didn't thing with all the traveling he'd be able to find a job at all.
 
Friday and Saturday we ate meals together and there were other activities planned. There was a fashion show with the grandkids and great-grandkids wearing their grandparents clothes from high school. My mom and her sisters lip synced and danced to It's In His Kiss. We watched Ephraim's Rescue which is about my great-great grandfather helping to rescue handcart companies and we just spent time with cousins chatting and having fun. Saturday morning my siblings and I (except for Kaleb) took most of our kids on a hike up to the Wind Caves. Lots of fun, and we almost missed floating the river in the pouring rain that afternoon. Darn, right??
 
 Kennedy in a dress that my mom made
 And a dress that she bought for Prom. Kennedy says she would wear it now.
 Tallin, Brandon, Case, Mason and Carter on the hike to the Wind Caves!!
 
 Carter, Kennedy and I on our hike
 Mason, the girl and Addy cheesing for the camera
 Shooting guns with the Burnetts
 Josh, Kennedy and Dave trying to act cool for the selfie
 Josh, Kennedy and Kyle enjoying the hike before Kyle headed to Mexico on his mission. You can see the entrance to the Wind Caves above their heads.
 Wind Cave view from the inside
We made it :)
My mom and Addy
There always has to be a competition when we get together
 

No comments: