Monday, June 16, 2008

My little builder

My husband took pity on me because I've been home with the boys during the week while Kennedy is still in school. They have been driving me a little crazy. This is Ryan, everyday, "Mom, what are we doing today that's fun?" This is me, "Nothing, I'm not your entertainment, now go clean your room." And this is Carter, everyday, "I want to play the Wii," and this is me, "Get off the Wii right now and find something else to do." Yeah, I know, I'm not a fun mom. But, gas prices are high, I don't want to be driving a lot. Especially when I've got a couple of high mileage trips coming up soon. I need to be saving some money (and I've been doing a good job, I haven't filled up my Expedition in over 17 days).

So, Saturday Chris commandeered Carter for the morning while I took Ryan and Kennedy shopping (did I really get the best end of this stick??). And this is what they came home with ...

IMG_7294 

They went to Lowe's and did a kids build and grow workshop. Carter built this cool wooden tape measure. He also got the apron and glasses and a patch you can sew on. He was very excited. He then followed Chris around the rest of the day. They changed the oil on Chris' motorcycle, rototilled the garden and spent the day outside together. I think they had so much fun that they will be going back in a couple of weeks to build a wooden baseball game.

WAY TO GO CARTER!! And thanks hon, for giving me a little break.

5 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I thought how nice it was for your hubby to give you a little break until I read your post about his "work" trips. Come on!!!!

Trenton & Maren said...

Wow, I haven't read your blog for a bit and you have quite a bit of news. Good luck with the YW calling- you'll be a fun leader!! Also looks like a great trip Chris went on. Fun to hear about the kids and what they are up to. I have been wondering what moms with older kids do with them during the summer. I remember asking my mom, "What can I do now?". I'm sure my kids will be asking me that a lot!! Jace already gets bored at home. He'll be doing preschool in the Fall and hopefully that will help.

Jennifer P. said...

Ah-- a break! And I do believe my kids ask me the same things yours do every day---and get the EXACT same answers :)!

Morgan said...

hey, I loved it when Davis went and did this with my dad, they make the cutest stuff!

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

I wish we lived closer to a lowes or something like it. Brandon would love to do that with Tim. Cute picture of Carter