Monday, June 16, 2008

Who goes on business trips like this?!?!

Apparently my husband does. But really, when does a business trip include a day here??

The Magic Kingdom, Disney World, Orlando

This would be Disney World in Orlando, Florida. And a night here??

Yes, that's Sea World in Orlando. And another night here??

Yep, another fun night. This one at Universal Studios Florida in Orlando.

I'm trying to decide if Chris was really actually on a business trip. Or, maybe he just conned his bosses into paying for a vacation. All kidding aside, I know it was a business trip, but really, me home, alone with three kids?? Definitely not a fair trade off. Maybe I should start taking "business trips" to fun places and leave him home with the kids :) Anyway, this was me at the end of his week in Orlando...

 But I got payback. Chris had to connect to a flight through Chicago. If you know anything about his travels, you know that he never has anything but bad luck flying through Chicago :) As the phone rang and I checked the caller ID, saw it was him, when he should have been on a plane, I knew he would be spending the night in Chicago again. He's spent a few nights on a cot in the airport before. But, just my luck, he's decided that's not OK anymore, and he booked a room here ...

 

 DANG HIM

 

And then he had to fly home Saturday morning and go straight to Gowen Field for his Drill Weekend. At that point I kind of felt sorry for him because he had to get up early Sunday morning to have his parents at the airport by about 4:30 am and then go to drill again.

His business trips aren't usually this fun, although they do try to find some good restaurants to eat at and will sometimes get to go to a baseball game or something, it just depends on the cities they are in. And it's always nice when he gets home, cause we all miss him when he's gone.