Monday, June 16, 2008

Young women's (Bishop, are you sure that you got the right person??)

That's right. I received a new calling two Sunday's ago. I knew that I was riding on borrowed time with no calling, since I was released from being Relief Society secretary at the end of April. But, I was really enjoying the no stress of just going to church and enjoying the lessons (and yes mom, I actually do go to Sunday School sometimes).

And then, I just had to go the my friend Tresa's house to check out her new patio and pergola (that's a cool patio covering with slats and openings, I know, not described well, but really, that's not what the post is about). Guess who her husband is?? The Bishop, who I still call Bill outside of church, because it's just weird calling him the Bishop in his house when I'm just hanging out. And bang, new calling. Laurel advisor in Young Women's. I'm actually quite excited, I've been in pretty much every organization except YW. So, it's going to be a new experience, I'm sure a growing one. I'm sure I'll learn a lot, and hopefully impart some life knowledge to some of the girls I'll be with. And as a plus, Kennedy will be turning 12 next year, so maybe I'll get to be with her for a little bit.

We've only got a few Laurels right now, so we are meeting with the Mia Maids through the summer, which means, since we are going to be gone most of July, I don't even have to teach until August . And another plus, our Young Women's president is Amanda of the blogging world whose link is on the side of my blog. She's awesome. One of my really good friends, and one of the best visiting teachers that I've ever had (she actually gave us pedicures one day!!).

We (that would be Elli, the YW secretary and me) are driving up to girls camp on Thursday night for dinner. I'm excited, I only went to a couple years of girls camp when I was growing up, definitely wish I had gone to more, so this will be a fun trip. The girls are really excited, the first year girls are nervous, but I think it will be fun. It's the Bishop's night and testimony meeting, I think. It will be a good way to get to know the girls better.

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Yeah, the Bishop's got the right person!!!! You'll be wonderful. I am super excited!

Jennifer P. said...

You must have gotten this calling the week we were in Lagoon. I had no idea. But CONGRATS!--that old Bill got it right :)!

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

Lucky Lucky Lucky. You will love it.