Saturday, October 11, 2008

Was not expecting this yesterday :(

We live in Boise. It is actually a desert, we have a few foothills surrounding the valley, but in reality we are a city built in a desert with a river running through it. If you head south of the Gowen Field (military base) and past the prison, that's when you really understand about the desert. So, yesterday, we were definitely not expecting this view from outside our front door.......

IMG_8338

yep, that's SNOW on my Expedition....

IMG_8340

and more SNOW on my grass and my poor

mums that are still blooming (well, probably not after the snow and cold the last few nights). On the plus side though, I was able to shut off my sprinklers a few weeks ago, so that will help with the water bill coming next month.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I was surprised it snowed there! We got a little of that crap today. I don't like it.

Jennifer P. said...

ooooh!--thanks for reminding me to turn off my sprinklers! Yeah....love Idaho! So much for my flowers and my vegetables! :P

Diane Burnett said...

Our yard looked about the same as yours. Ready or not . . .

Robyn said...

The family and I had just arrived home that night from a trip to BC. We were shocked to see the snow. It wasn't even that cold in Canada!