Monday, August 11, 2008

Disneyland & DCA ... finally

We had a really great time at Disneyland and California Adventure. We got 3-day park hopper passes. I wish we would have scheduled a rest day somewhere in there, cause dang, that's a lot of walking (which was good because I totally ate the fried food at the park and needed to walk a lot). We spent the first day completely at Disneyland and the next two days we spent half the day at each park. The kids had a great time, I think we hit almost every ride at Disneyland and quite a few at DCA. Carter went on all the rollercoasters except for California Screamin' and seemed to really enjoy them. I think everybody's favorite ride was Space Mountain and Kennedy and Ryan also really enjoyed the Hollywood Hotel's Tower of Terror.

IMG_0357

The kids on the treasure on Tom Sawyer's Island and all of us in a cage. We actually saw Captain Jack on this island. It was fun because we were always running into people dressed up as cool characters. I think Chris saw Indiana Jones on Tarzan's tree house fighting somebody.

P7230122 

IMG_0476

Chris and Carter on the flying Dumbo ride.

P7230136

IMG_0379

The only thing that Carter really wanted to do when we first got there was the Jedi Training Academy. He got chosen to go up, which was cool because then he didn't want to go through it again. He had to fight Darth Maul. I would have been a little scared of this guy. He kept coming up and getting right in our faces, it was a little intimidating. Way to go Carter.

IMG_0392 IMG_0396

IMG_0413

Kennedy on the Rocket ride. This was actually Carter's favorite ride. I think he went on it about 4 times.

IMG_0415

This was the submarine from the Finding Nemo ride. I only put it in because I stood in line for about 90 minutes for this ride. Definitely not worth a 90 minute wait. Maybe 5 or 10, but 90, heck no, won't do that again. (Notice I said "I" stood in line. I let Chris and the kids go on rides while I waited).

IMG_0437

Autotopia ride. Carter had a great time. He could steer, but Chris had to push the gas. Kennedy had the same problem. Ryan went by himself and had a fun time.

IMG_0438

IMG_0457

The kids on front of the Tower of Terror ride. Below is a picture of the picture that was taken during the ride. Yeah, we don't buy the pictures they take, and we saw everyone else taking pictures of the screens showing the pics. Is that stealing??

IMG_0488

IMG_0459

Handy Manny!! The only character that Carter would even go near. We saw everybody there, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, The Incredibles... and this was the only one that he didn't hide from.

IMG_0467

IMG_0483

OK, I admit it, I bought the kids mouse ears, had them embroidered, and made them wear them for awhile. I figured they would be fun souvenirs for them.

IMG_0486

Us in front of the F at the DCA entrance. Don't I look enthused. This was the last day, my feet were killing me, and Chris was still taking pictures of everything.

IMG_0502

Carter and I on the ladybug ride at Bug's Life in DCA. It's kind of like the spinning tea cups, only it doesn't spin around. It went pretty fast though.

IMG_0507

A picture of Chris, Kennedy and Ryan on California Screamin'. I have to tell this though. The rollercoaster was broke down when we first got there, so Chris and the kids went on another ride. I took Carter on the Merry-Go-Round and then noticed that the coaster was going again. So, I left Carter with my in-laws and jumped in line assuming that Chris and the kids would be back before I got too far. Nope. I ended up going on it by myself. Yeah for me. It was pretty cool. Lots of drops and a loop.

P7230118

Drenched from going on Splash Mountain.

P7230134

Thunder Mountain Railroad. This was the first coaster that we went on. Carter was screaming AWESOME when we got done. Kennedy just screamed through the whole thing. Well, she did that on every coaster we went on.

P7250212

The Caterpillar ride in Bug's Life. When you go under the watermelon is squirts water down on you.

IMG_0406

This is what they did when we would get back from the park. Listen to their iPods.

IMG_0407

And this is what Carter would do.

IMG_7853

Carter got 2 light sabers in Disneyland. And guess what, they were both broke within 2 days of us getting home.

Sorry this is so long, but we had a great time and got along so well I just had to share :)

2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Hey Space Mountain has been my favorite ride since I was little kid. Last time we went to Disneyland I had the kids ride it and Eden threw up. Nasty. Good times.

Jennifer P. said...

I loved ALL those pictures! The last one is hilarious!---looks like Kennedy is holding that picture up :)!

Way to go Carter!--I would have been running AWAY from Darth Mall!

Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us nosey people ;)