Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ryan and Kennedy off to school again

My two oldest started school yesterday. Ryan is in 8th grade and Kennedy is in 6th grade. Both are in middle school. Lewis & Clark is where they go. There are probably close to 1000 kids at that school. A good stepping stone to the probably close to 2500 kids or more that will be at Mountain View next year when Ryan goes to high school. Yes, next year I will have kids in high school, middle school and elementary school. That scheduling is going to be the death of me.

Ryan is going to have a fun year I think. He starts yearbook today after school, so that should be a good time for him. He's not so sure about his TA class with his PE teachers. Yesterday they made him sweep the gym and the weight room. He and all his friends met up at their regular table for lunch. I think he's got a few classes with Thomas and Chase, a couple of his friends.

Kennedy was really, really nervous yesterday. I think she got lost a couple of times and had a few issues opening her locker, but I think she had a great day. She was smiling when she came out to the car yesterday. Saw the boy she's got a crush on, so that would have been a great day anyway. She's got a few classes with her friends Megan and Kelsey. I think she knows somebody in every one of her classes, which is nice. She's getting a PE locker today, hopefully she'll be able to remember two combinations.

Where I went to middle school and high school there weren't any locks on the lockers. They were A LOT bigger and taller as well. The lockers at our schools here are tiny. My friend Tresa's son Braden is a senior this year and he didn't even get a locker assigned to him because the school is so huge and he doesn't have time to go back and forth between classes.

This is what stinks though, Kennedy and I get up at about 6 a.m., I get Ryan up at about 6:20 and Chris up at about 6:40 so that he can get the kids to school by about 7:30. Carter can get up by 8 and still get to school. It makes for a long morning, but it's good for me. I'm trying to convince myself that I should start walking while they are all getting ready, but haven't quite done it yet.

IMG_0824

IMG_0825

IMG_0831

IMG_0834

This is Ryan's "I can't believe you are taking pictures at my school" look yesterday.

3 comments:

Diane Burnett said...

Your house sounds as crazy as ours in the mornings. One up at 6:15, one up at 6:45 and the last up at 7:30! You are right, the morning is drug out! Cute pictures!

Kati Howard said...

Love the last picture. My mom was always one of 'those' moms who insisted on taking a first day of school picture. I always hated it and found it even more embarassing as I went into middle school. Like geez mom, nobody eles's mom's are doing it!

Good for you though... I have every intention of thoroughly embarassing my kids as well. :) HA HA HA!

Nichole said...

reunion is THIS weekend! see
http://thsclassof1993.blogspot.com/

Did you not get my second e mail? I had it published also in the TVNews. Sorry for the mixup!