Sunday, August 24, 2008

We love camping

Chris was also able to get back some of the pictures that we took camping last weekend. Yeah. Ryan, Carter and I went up to Grimes Creek near Idaho City Friday afternoon to get a spot and set up our tent near the creek that runs along the road. We were able to get a spot a ways away from the road, but still pretty close to the creek. Ryan and I managed to get our two-room cabin tent put of by ourselves. Quite an accomplishment we thought.

When Chris got home from work we packed the food and headed back up for the night. It was a quick trip, but the kids seemed to have a great time. We did the basic camping fair. Hot dogs, chips, s'mores, bacon and cold cereal. We hung out by the fire and played in the water. I actually slept in quite awhile Saturday morning, which is good because I never sleep very well in a tent.

collage9 collage10

Looks like fun, doesn't it. The only downside is that there weren't any bathrooms around. That's the only roughing it part that I really, really didn't like.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I love how you make those picture collages. Way cool. I want to learn how to do that.

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

looks like fun

Morgan said...

I just hate the bugs! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun this summer!

Jennifer P. said...

cooking stuff over a fire: good. No bathrooms: not so good. I'm indifferent to the sleeping in the tent thing :)!

Glad you had a good time! Your pictures sure are cute!