Monday, September 22, 2008

Go orange, go big blue ...

My crazy week and weekend were topped off with a great BSU win over the No. 17 ranked Oregon Ducks. We played really great for about 2 1/2 quarters and then almost managed to lose it in the end. But, the guys played tough and our freshman quarterback had a great game in the air. Yeah. (Also got to give props to Kaleb's Utah State Aggies for actually winning a game this year, way to take it to the Idaho Vandals!!).

0921 sp bsuor childs2

The best part is that Jeremy Childs actually caught this pass. Very nice.

I've been pretty busy since I posted last. Between the kids having different activities after school and having a joint Relief Society and Young Women's activity Wednesday night I also went to a party at Elli's house Thursday night. Her cousin makes these really cute bows and headbands for girls. They are really adorable. Since my daughter is 11, I got a couple for some baby girls I know. I'll have to see if I can find her card with her blog site on it so you guys can check it out.

I actually got to go out with Chris for dinner on Friday night. We haven't done that in awhile, it was pretty fun. The kids hung out at my in-laws for awhile, so when we picked them up we stayed and watched the end of another football game.

Carter's soccer game got canceled Saturday. It was raining like crazy here. It started around midnight Friday night and was flooding streets by morning. It let up for a few hours in the afternoon and then started up again and rained most of the night. I went to a birthday dinner for my friend Marilyn that night at On The Border by Edwards theater. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy the women I was with, we always seem to have some great conversation when we get together.

Sunday's are tough right now. We are almost at the end of our 3-6 church schedule. It's a tough one, I can't wait to go to the 8:30 to 11:30 schedule in January. Carter has been falling asleep in Sacrament meeting and then having a hard time in Primary. Yesterday I had to sit by him through singing time trying to wake him up slowly so he wouldn't be upset. I had to leave to teach Young Women's and he looked up at me with teas in his eyes and said, "Mommy, I love you, don't leave." What do you do with that?? I know he's playing me, but I felt so bad leaving him there. I love being in Young Women's. It's been a real growing experience. I was fasting yesterday for a few different reasons, so when we got home at about 6:30 I promptly started stuffing my face before our home teachers could show up. It's a good thing they were late :)

Hopefully this week will be a little less busy, although I totally doubt it. This time of year always seems so crazy.

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

You appreciate football way more than I do. That's cool. I wish I could get into it more. Steve would like that.

Nichole said...

GO VANDALS!!!! One of these years we'll be back in our former glory and skin some broncos~~~shoot out a little post on our class page and get your contact info on the private page. i feel like a gomer being the only one there ;P

Nichole said...

i found melissa K blog from your blog. you have her e mail? shoot her a note and invite her to the class site wood'ja?