Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More soccer stuff

Carter has been having a great time playing soccer. Two games down and four to go. I'm a little bummed because the coach only wants to practice one night a week. And that's just not enough to teach the boys enough for the games. On Saturday we played against a team with a boy who was super fast for that age and had great ball handling skills. He is either really gifted or has siblings or parents who have played. He was really good.

Tonight we had to take time out of practice for pictures because none of the other parents would show up early for our game last Saturday to get them done. I was a little ticked. Come on, make a commitment. I admit it. I am one of those parents that gets excited at sporting events. I don't even need to have a kid participating in the sporting event to get excited and yell a bit (I actually blame that one on my dad, JK). I know only about five kids on the Mountain View varsity football team and I'm still their screaming and cheering when they are playing.

Here's some more cute pictures of Carter from Saturday and tonight.

IMG_8086

 

IMG_8110

IMG_8121 IMG_8114

At a little OT info, Chris took Ryan home teaching for the first time tonight. That should be interesting. And I ended up canning about 20 quarts of peaches and froze about 3 gallon size bags of cut peaches for making smoothies and then blended up three pitchers of peaches to make jam with when I can stand the sight and smell of them again.

1 comment:

ManicMandee said...

Practice only one night a week? I would be jumping for joy!