Friday, September 12, 2008

It's a first

This is what I've spent the last few days doing and will probably spend the whole weekend working on.

IMG_0901

IMG_0902

IMG_0903

IMG_0904

Wednesday morning I went with my friend Kindra and her son Kaiden to pick peaches in Caldwell. I came home with a little over three 5-gallon buckets full of peaches. So, I am trying to can for my first time. My aunt Rosalie let me use her water bath canner and her dehydrater. So, I canned five whole quarts of peaches yesterday and made some fruit leather. I learned a few things and it was an interesting experience. I'll have to let you know if they actually taste good. And yes mom, I know I should have put more peaches in the jars, but at least the lids popped down, right??

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I am extremely impressed Mikki! You are so domestic! Wow.

Nichole said...

SHEESH! everyone is canning peaches. not me, i'm a slug

Trenton & Maren said...

I'm very impressed with your canning. I've always used the excuse that I don't have the equipment to can, but you go and borrow it from my mom. I guess I really have no excuses, huh?? Way to go!!

Jennifer P. said...

I get a stomachache every time I even look at the peaches. We tried to eat ours to avoid canning or freezing them. Is it wrong to be afraid of a fruit?!

Good for you though :)! Can away! I'll just make sure to stop by your house when the famine starts :)

And have I told you that I just think the world of Ryan? What a funny, sweet kid! He always seems genuinely interested in the boringness of my life. And Kindra and I appreciate him always speaking up in class.

Have a great week!