Monday, July 14, 2008

Bar J fun

On Monday, the 7th my parents and I took the kids to a place called the Bar J. It's a place near Teton Village, Wyoming (where I worked in high school, the town, not the Bar J). They serve BBQ chuckwagon style like when they used to go on cattle drives. Then after dinner they have a show. Five wranglers get on stage and sing and tell jokes for about an hour and a half. Before dinner you can look around and go on a train ride (a very small train). It was fun, I had never been. The older kids have gone with my parents before, so it wasn't new to them.

IMG_0144

IMG_0102

This picture and the one below were from the train ride. They also had a moose in a pond that I didn't get a picture of and a grizzly going after a couple of traders. Definitely interesting.

IMG_0105

IMG_0107 

My kids and my parents. The fun thing about being behind the camera is that no pictures are ever taken of you.

IMG_0108

I tried to take some of the stage, but the lighting was really low and they turned out terrible. I didn't have Chris' fancy camera with me that night, so I couldn't take them.

1 comment:

Jennifer P. said...

Yup! James found Ryan in this one too ;)!