Monday, July 14, 2008

Field day

Where my daughter Kennedy goes to school they have a "field day" at the end of the year. When I went to elementary school at good old Victor Elementary we also had a field day. The two are completely different in every way. I had actual track events at my field day, as well as a softball throw. Kennedy's elementary school does it different. The kids go through various stations and activities, mostly centered around water. Probably because it is so hot at the end of June when they get out of school, water is a great idea. The kids have a blast. There are no winners or ribbons, just a lot of fun had by all.

They roll out big rolls of black plastic, cover it with VO5 shampoo and spray water down it for a very long slip-n-slide. They played bocce ball and had a sponge war. I only stayed for part of the day, so here are some pictures of Kennedy's field day.

IMG_7488

Megan, Kennedy and Brenna getting ready to play bocce ball.

IMG_7495

 Kennedy hanging out on the bouncy ball with Kelsey.

IMG_7509

Getting up after going down the slip-n-slide. 

IMG_7514

 Kennedy is going to kill me, but I had to put this picture in. Kennedy has a crush on this boy in her class. I think he's pretty cute. He's probably the tallest boy in class and she is definitely the shortest girl. Good for her, I say :) Hopefully he never finds this blog.

No comments: