Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Change in callings

So, the day before we left on our family vacation I got another new calling. I'd only been the Laurel advisor in our ward for about a month when the President, my friend Amanda, and her family, decided to move to Utah. I'll miss you Amanda. So, we all knew a change was in the works, lots of speculation was flying around.

So, I guessed right on the new YW President, it was my friend Elli. They released us all and moved people around in the presidency and replaced a few sisters. So, I am now the new 1st Counselor in YW. I guess that means I'm the counselor over the Mia Maids. We just got back a few days ago, and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I haven't even looked through my new binders or anything and we have an activity tonight (stake planned though, so that's nice). Sorry Elli, I'm not starting out that great am I, although I did agree to have our meeting here tomorrow night, that should count for something, right.

We also have four sisters that I don't know very well on the new board, so that should be interesting and fun to get to know them. I'm sure I'll learn a lot and grow tremendously through this calling. I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed (I'm not sure if that is the right word) with some of the things that the Bishop said when he set me apart, but I'm working with some great girls and great ladies, so it will be fun.

1 comment:

Elli said...

I haven't done much looking in my binder, either Mikki... and mine is WAY bigger! We're going to do just fine, so stop worrying your pretty little head about it, ok?