Monday, July 14, 2008

On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again

If I had music on my blog, it'd definitely be playing Willie Nelson right now. The kids and I just got back from 11 nights on the road. All but one were spent in Cedron at my parents house, but that doesn't mean that we weren't on the road for a good part of the time we were gone. It was a lot of fun though, the kids only came home with me because they missed their dad so much. Carter started bawling when we were leaving because he wanted to stay longer.

I'm going to separate things into different posts, there are alot of pictures, and I'm going to post a bunch because my parents like to look at them, which reminds me, Mom, send me the pictures of that lake in Yellowstone that I didn't get because my batteries died in my cameras. Thanks.

My parents raise hay and grain on about 100 acres of land. Growing up we also raised potatoes, had sheep and dairy cows. I have a lot of good memories of that time, even though I felt like I worked really hard. It's good to take my kids back there and they get to experience a bit of what I did. They moved pipe (which I don't have any pictures of) and other things.

IMG_7583

Here is the grainery where they store the grain from the harvest before it gets picked up by semi's.

IMG_7587

Carter and his cousin Brandon on the swather with my dad while cutting hay. I think this is the first summer that Carter has been around to cut hay and bale it with my dad. He had a great time, they got to be pretty great buddies while we were there.

IMG_0129

Aspens in my mom's front yard. I could only wish for a yard this big where we live. Lots of room for the kids to play. My brother David, his wife Rachel and Carter were hitting golf balls into the pasture in front of the house before we left. Lots of fun.

IMG_0152

We were able to go on 4-wheeler rides every day that we were there. The kids could ride it to my Grandma Ruby's every day to see her. Just get on and drive through the field and there they were. No highways to drive on. We also used them to go to the garden. My parents and my sister Jenny plant a garden behind my Grandma's house. It's huge. A lot bigger than I would ever plant here. They have potatoes, raspberries, strawberries, onions, lettuce, peas, beans, squash, zucchini and carrots. I spent some time weeding and picking strawberries. Definitely sweeter fruit than you can get at Costco.

IMG_0141

I took a slip-n-slide with us. Carter and Brandon spent a lot of time playing on it before the older kids destroyed it. They would play in the water for awhile and then swing to get dry.

IMG_0134

IMG_0131

And Ryan, Kennedy and I mowed the yard for my mom. Definitely took a little bit more time than mowing my yard at home. Good exercise, right??

No comments: